Red Amaranth Microgreen Seeds
- Use a small quantity of these microgreens to add an intense ‘pop’ of colour to your dish.
- Popular variety with restaurants and cafes.
How to Grow Amaranth Microgreens
Amaranth prefer soil temperatures of approximately 24ºC degrees. Grow in a temperature-controlled room or during warmer months. Ensure that the temperature for your grow space doesn’t drop below 22ºC degrees as this won’t allow your crop to grow to a suitable height.
- Sow rate: 2.5 – 5 grams for a small, punnet sized growing tray.
- Pre-soak: Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Growing medium: Soil or hydroponic.
- Weight microgreens: No. Red Amaranth microgreens are delicate and should not be weighted.
- Growing in soil: Add 3-4 cm soil to growing tray. Flatten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over soil. Lightly water.
- Germination time: 2-3 days.
- Keep plant in a warm spot during germination and growing time. Intolerant of harsh direct sunlight.
- Ensure adequate moisture.
- Harvest time: Approx. 14 days. During cooler months, this variety can take up to 24 days. Harvest close to root.
Click here to read our in-depth article about growing red amaranth microgreens.