Wheatgrass Grow Kit:
Grow your own wheatgrass, sprouts and microgreens indoors. Perfect for compact spaces, you can grow your harvest of greens on a kitchen bench or near a sunny window.
This kit is the no-waste option as you can cut your harvest as you need it. No more soggy greens that come in plastic bags – juice only what you need and harvest it as it freshest.
Included in this kit is:
- 2.5 kg bag of non-GMO, non-hybrid, no chemical treatment wheatgrass seeds.
- Four food safe, plastic growing trays 20 x 33cm.
- 10 hemp grow mats 20 x 33 cm.
- Sow rate: 150 – 200 grams of wheat seeds per tray.
- Seed soak: Pre-soak seeds for approximately 6 hours.
- Moisten the hemp felt in cool water. Drain excess water. Place your hydroponic mat in the growing tray and sprinkle wheat seeds evenly over the surface of the mat. Lightly spray mist the seeds.
- Use another growing tray to cover the seeds, or cover with a piece of hessian. Store in well-ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate.
- Germination time: Leave for 2-3 hours in germination area. Check the moisture level of the mat daily to ensure that it is has not dried out. The hemp mat performs best when not overwatered. Keep mat moist, but not saturated with water. Water levels should not be higher than the top of the growing medium and water should not be allowed to pool.
- Once germination has occurred, uncover the tray and place in light. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 6-8 days.