Buy Arugula Rocket Seeds
Rocket is a ‘must-have’ crop for commercial growers because it is profitable, fast growing and popular with consumers. Grow it as a ‘cut and come again’ baby leaf to get the most value from your crop.
Rocket adds a zest of flavour to a boring bag of mixed lettuce and baby leaf. Combine it with Red Oakleaf lettuce, Beet or Chard Baby Leaf, spinach and green lettuce for a well-balanced Mesclun mix.
Bulk & Open Pollinated
- Also known as arugula or roquette.
- Suitable for growing in containers or hydroponically.
- Ideal crop for commercial growers. Fast and easy to grow. Can be harvested as a microgreen (7-10 days), baby leaf (21 days) and full maturity.
- Rocket is part of the mustard family and has a tangy, spicy flavour.
- A nutritious leafy green that is popular in Italian cuisine.
- Ideal addition for salads, sandwiches, cooked dishes, and topping for pizza.
- Wild rocket (Sylvetta) seeds also available.
Growing Instructions (Baby Leaf/Full Maturity)
- Best harvested when the leaves are young and tender.
- Can be grown all year round, but best suited to cooler climates. Cooler temperatures produce better tasting rocket leaves.
- Rocket can bolt relatively quickly in hot temperatures.
- Easy crop for seed saving.
40 cm apart
Germination Soil Temperature
6 - 10 days
Days to Maturity
21 days to baby leaf, 45 days to maturity.
Plant in Spring and Autumn.
Full or part sun. Keep soil moist and well drained.
Growing Instructions (Microgreens)
- Fast growing and profitable microgreen crop.
- Popular with chefs and health-conscious market.
- Reliable and easy to grow.
Seeds (10" x 20" tray)
Soil or hydroponic. If using soil, add 2 - 3 cm layer of soil. Flatten with a block or wood or upside down tray.
2- 3 days.
1 - 2 days
Days to Maturity
7 - 10 days.
Level of difficulty
Approx. 280 grams.
Spicy and Pepper-like.