Non-GMO, Open Pollinated & No Chemical Treatment
Red Giant Mustard Microgreens
- A popular choice with chefs.
- Attractive red/purple leaves.
- Grow with a no-mess and no-soil with the hydroponic method.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 270 grams.
- Do not presoak seeds.
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water.
- Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 days.
- Remove top tray and expose it to indirect light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 8 – 12 days. (Level of difficulty: Easy).
Red Giant Mustard (Full Maturity)
- Fast and easy to grow crop.
- Use as a salad green or leafy vegetable.
- When cooked, Red Giant mustard has a mild flavour.
- Suitable for hydroponic growing methods.
- Space rows 50 cm apart.
- Space plants 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 10-35 °C.
- Grow in late Spring – Autumn.
- Hardy, annual variety. Light frost tolerant.
- Well drained soil. Keep well watered.
- Part or full sun.
- Maturity: 65 days. (baby leaf after 25 days).
- No chemical treatment.
- Open Pollinated, heirloom variety.
- Variety: Brassica oleracea var. acephala.
- Seeds per gram: 250 – 300.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.