Mustard Red Giant Vegetable Seeds – Bulk & Heirloom
Red Giant Mustard Microgreens
- A popular choice with chefs.
- Attractive red/purple leaves.
- Grow with a no-mess and no-soil with the hydroponic method.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 270 grams.
- Do not presoak seeds.
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water.
- Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 days.
- Remove top tray and expose it to indirect light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 8 – 12 days. (Level of difficulty: Easy).
Red Giant Mustard (Full Maturity)
- Fast and easy to grow crop.
- Use as a salad green or leafy vegetable.
- When cooked, Red Giant mustard has a mild flavour.
- Suitable for hydroponic growing methods.
- Space rows 50 cm apart.
- Space plants 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 10-35 °C.
- Grow in late Spring – Autumn.
- Hardy, annual variety. Light frost tolerant.
- Well drained soil. Keep well watered.
- Part or full sun.
- Maturity: 65 days. (baby leaf after 25 days).
- No chemical treatment.
- Open Pollinated, heirloom variety.
- Variety: Brassica oleracea var. acephala.
- Seeds per gram: 250 – 300.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.