Bulk Fordhook Giant Silverbeet Vegetable Seeds
Fordhook Giant is a fast, vigorous and easy to grow leafy vegetable. This popular silverbeet/chard variety has tender, shiny green leaves and white stems.
How to Grow Silverbeet Microgreens
- Sow rate: 40 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Pre-Soak seeds for 6 – 8 hours.
- Grow in soil, and not hydroponic method.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface.
- Cover seeds with a light layer of soil. This step is important as it helps with dehulling and reduces beet microgreen growing issues.
- Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate.
- Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 6 – 8 days. Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 10 -14 days. Harvest 1 – 2 cm above the soil.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 270 grams.
Growing Instructions (Baby leaf & full maturity)
- Space rows: 50 – 60 cm apart.
- Space plants: 15 – 30 cm.
- Sowing depth: 1.5 – 2 cm.
- Soil temperature: 10 – 30 °C.
- Grow in Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- A hardy biennial variety.
- Avoid growing in extreme heat or cold.
- Keep well watered. Moist soil. Full sun.
- Maturity: 50 – 85 days (Baby leaf: 20 – 30 days).
- Botanical name: Silverbeet (Beta Vulgaris).
- Open pollinated & heirloom variety.
- No chemical treatment
- Seeds per gram: Approx. 50-60.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.