Mustard Crimson Tide Vegetable Seeds – Bulk & Heirloom
Mustard Crimson Tide is an excellent choice for baby leaf and microgreen as it has red leaves and an ornate leaf shape. The frilled, staghorn leaf shape, is similar to Ruby Streaks.
- Best grown in cooler conditions for improved leaf colour.
- Use as a salad green or leafy vegetable.
- Good mustard flavour, with hints of pepper.
Growing Instructions (Full Maturity)
- Space rows: 50 cm apart.
- Space plants: 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 10-35 °C.
- Grow in late Spring – Autumn.
- Hardy, annual variety. Light frost tolerant.
- Well drained soil. Keep well watered.
- Part or full sun.
- Maturity: 65 days. (baby leaf after 25 days).
Growing Instructions (Microgreens)
- Do not presoak seeds.
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water.
- Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 days.
- Remove top tray and expose it to indirect light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 8 – 12 days. (Level of difficulty: Easy).