Coco Coir Brick 4.5 kg
Make your own potting mix
Coco Coir is a popular growing medium that is environmentally friendly and economical. Make your own potting mix at a fraction of the cost of pre-made, store bought mix. Can be combined with perlite, vermiculite, and/or compost, worm castings and nutrients for a potting mix with good drainage and aeration.
Ideal for growing microgreens
Many microgreen growers find that they can grow fast growing microgreens, such as broccoli, kale, rocket or cabbage, solely with coco coir. For slower growing microgreens, such as red veined sorrel or lemon balm, it may be necessary to add perlite and/or vermiculite and nutrients. The benefit of coco coir is that is a sterile and neutral growing medium.
- Comes from compressed coconut husks, which is a renewable resource.
- Suitable for home gardeners and commercial growers.
- Excellent medium for microgreens and hydroponics.
- The 4.5 kg brick expands to approx. 65 litres when hydrated in a bucket of water.
- Earthworm friendly and biodegradable.
- 4.5 kg brick makes up to approx. 65 litres.
- Made of premium quality, coco peat.