Grow basil as a mature herb or as microgreens.
HOW TO GROW BASIL HERBS
- Space plants 30 cm.
- Space rows: 30 – 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 18 – 35 degrees Celsius.
- Maturity: 60 – 80 days.
- Tropics: Plant all year.
- Subtropics: Aug – Jan.
- Mild climate: Sept – Dec.
- Frost & cold climate: Sept – Jan.
- Keep well watered. Moist, well-drained soil.
HOW TO GROW BASIL MICROGREENS
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray.
- Cover for 4-6 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 12-16 days.
- Variety: Ocimum Basilcum
- Non-hybrid. Open-pollinated.