Bulk Snow Pea Vegetable Seeds – Mammoth Melting
- Bush type snow pea that grows up to 2 metres height.
- Vigorous climber. Grow on a trellis.
- Heavy cropping variety.
- Produces tender, sweet pods that are approx. 10 cm length.
- This variety can be grown as a microgreen or garden pea.
Growing Instructions (Garden Peas)
- Plant space: 5 – 8 cm.
- Row space: 45 – 60 cm.
- Soil depth: 2 – 3 cm.
- Soil temperature: 8 – 25 °C.
- Grow in late Summer through to Autumn (suitable for growing in Spring in cooler climates).
- Full sun. Well-drained, moist soil.
- Harvest: 65 – 80 days.
Growing instructions (microgreens)
- Grow in soil or coir peat. A hydroponic method is not recommended.
- Soak 250 grams of seeds in cold water for 4 – 8 hours (10 x 20′ growing tray).
- Cover with ample amount of water as these seeds will double in size during the pre-soak stage.
- Sprout seeds for approx. 1 – 2 days with a sprouting jar or sprouting tray. Plant the seeds when they have sprouted a ‘tail’ that is approximately 2 – 3 mm.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to your growing tray. Use a tray or small block of wood to flatten the soil. Lightly water. Sprinkle seeds evenly over the surface of the soil. Lightly water.
- Cover your seeds with a growing tray and store in a well ventilated, cool, dark spot. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 – 4 days.
- Remove top tray and expose the plant to light. Water twice daily. Ready to harvest in 8 – 14 days.
- Not chemically treated.
- Non-hybrid, open pollinated.
- Heirloom variety: Pisum Sativum (Mammoth Melting).
- 2 – 3 seeds per gram.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge.