Bulk Onion Chives Seeds – Herbs & Microgreens
- Buy in bulk and save with our 1 kg packets.
- Edible, purple ‘pom-pom’ flowers.
- Slow germinating variety (up to 21 days).
- Suitable for container growing.
Onion chives have edible, hollow, tubular leaves and attractive purple flowers.
How to Grow Onion Chives Herbs
- Space plants 15 cm apart.
- Sowing depth: 2 cm.
- Soil temperature: 18º – 21ºC.
- Maturity: 70 – 90 days.
- Sow in Summer, Autumn and Spring.
- Grows up to 30 cm height.
- Clumping, perennial variety.
- Full sun or light shade.
- Well-drained soil with a pH of 5.5 – 7.
How to Grow Onion Chives Microgreens
- Sow rate: 40 – 50 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray. Prefers to grow in soil instead of hydroponic method.
- Cover with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Garlic chives can have a slow germination time of 1 – 2 weeks. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: 21 days.
- No chemical treatment.
- GMO Free
- Variety: Allium schoenoprasum.
- Seeds per gram: 990.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.