Broccoli Waltham 29 Vegetable Seeds
Broccoli is an annual, frost hardy, cool season crop. Waltham 29 is a compact variety that produces an abundance of sides shoots and has an extended grow season.
- Blue-green heads grow up to 20 cm.
- Easy to grow.
- High yield.
- Good flavour.
- Excellent choice for microgreens.
- Thrives in full sun and does not grow well in shade.
- May bolt in high temperatures.
- Requires rich, well-drained soil with a pH 6.5 – 7.2.
- Heavy feeder. Add compost to soil.
- Add organic fertiliser in the early and mid-season.
- For best flavour, harvest while the heads are tight and dark green.
When to Sow
- Temperate areas: Late December – May.
- Cold areas: Early spring and October – February.
- Subtropical: Late autumn – early winter. Heirloom varieties can struggle in these regions.
- Tropical: Generally, does not produce well.
60 cm apart
Germination Soil Temperature
7 - 14 days
Days to Maturity
60 - 90 days
Plant in late Summer and Autumn. Tolerates frost.
Full sun. Keep soil moist and well drained.