Wheat Egyptian Gold Sprouting Seeds – Organic Australian
- Grow this crop all year round.
- Suitable for milling & sprouting.
- Derived from Khorasan wheat.
- Grain is nearly double the size of regular wheat.
How to Grow Microgreens
- Soak 1 cup of seeds in water for 6-10 hours (depending on climate).
- Rinse well with water. Leave seeds to drain for 8-12 hours using a sprouting jar, sprouter or hemp sprouting bag.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process until a tiny tail sprouts. The tail should be approximately 5mm.
- Line a growing tray with butchers paper. Add 2-3cm of organic soil with compost, volcanic rock soil improver or other minerals.
- Scatter seeds on top of the organic soil. Ensure that the seeds are not too densely packed, as this may cause mould.
- Lightly water seeds and cover with a hessian bag or wet paper towels.
- Leave in a dark, ventilated spot. Lightly water twice daily until your seeds have germinated and are 2-3cm high.
- Remove cover and expose your plant to indirect sunlight. Avoid extreme heat or cold. Water twice daily.
- Your harvest is ready when it is 3-4 inches high.
- Cut your crop approximately 1cm above the soil.
How to Grow Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1/2 cup of wheat berries to your sprouting jar.
- Fill 3/4 of your jar with cold water. Soak for 6-8 hours.
- Rinse with cold water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and use the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- Ready in 3-6 days. Rinse well before consuming.
- No chemical treatment,
- Organic, Australian grown seed variety.
- Lightly cleaned to leave as much of the grain intact.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated.