Heirloom Tomato Grosse Lisse Seeds
Grosse Lisse is one of the most well-loved and trusted tomato varieties in the world.
An old Australian favorite, it has medium to large, globe-shaped, deep red fruit with a great flavour. It produces abundantly over a long period. It is an indeterminate (climbing) type so requires staking. It also grows very tall and it is best with some pruning of early side-shoots. Try to develop just 2 main leaders. If too many leaders are kept, fruit size will be reduced.
- Large, smooth and round globe.
- Heavy yielding. Produces over a long period of time.
- Tomatoes can grow up to 200 grams.
- Indeterminate climbing variety.
- Requires staking. Vines grow up to 150 cm height.
- Full flavoured, sweet tomato suitable for salads, raw and cooked dishes.
- Suitable for growing in most states.
Plant type: Warm season annual, frost tender
Plant Height: 1.5m
Sow When: Germinate best at 18 – 28º C soil temp.
Temperate: Early spring – inside with extra heat; outside after frost danger has passed
Subtropical: March – October in frost -free areas
Tropical: Late April – July
Germination: 7-14 days
Depth: 6mm deep
Position: Full sun
Sow where: Into seedling pots; liquid feed once germinated
Soil type: Fertile, well-drained, pH 5.8 – 7
Rows: 90cm apart
Spacing: 45-60cm between plants
Details: Keep well fertillised and evenly watered; protect fruit from fruit fly with net bags.
Harvest: 86 days