Speckled Pea Sprouting Seeds
- Buy speckled pea sprout seeds in bulk and save with our 4 kg packets.
- A versatile green that can be used in a variety of dishes, including salads, sandwiches, raw food dishes or Asian stir-fries.
- High yield microgreen variety. A 10 x 20′ growing tray yields approx. 450 – 900 grams of greens.
How to Grow Pea Shoot Sprouts
- Grow in organic soil or coir peat. The hydroponic method is not recommended for growing peas.
- Pre-soak 250 grams of seeds (for a 10 x 20′ growing tray) in cool water for 4 – 8 hours.
- Ensure that you soak these seeds in plenty of water as they will double in size during the pre-soak stage.
- Use a sprouting jar or hemp growing bag to sprout seeds for 1 – 2 days. The seeds are ready to be planted when they have a sprouted ‘tail’ approximately 2 -3 mm.
- The ideal growing temperature is 15 – 25 °C. Avoid growing in extreme heat or cold conditions. In extreme heat, you may have issues with mould and uneven and slow germination.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to your growing tray. Mix nutrients into your growing medium such as compost or vermiculite. Use a tray or small block of wood to flatten the soil. Lightly water soil. Sprinkle seeds over the surface of the soil and ensure that seeds do not overlap. Overcrowding leads to problems with mould or rot. Lightly water using a spray mist bottle.
- Cover your seeds with a growing tray and store in a well ventilated, cool spot. Some growers cover their seeds with a light layer of soil. During the germination phase, seeds should not be exposed to light. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 – 3 days.
- Remove top tray and expose the plant to light. Water twice daily, and do not overwater. Ready to harvest in 10 – 14 days.
- This variety can be regrown for future harvests. The shoots will become chewier, and less tender, the longer that they are grown.
- Australian grown.
- No chemical treatment.
- Variety: Speckled field pea.
- Botanical name: Pisum sativum.
- Seeds per gram: 5 – 8.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated.