Non-GMO, Open Pollinated & No Chemical Treatment
Grow rye grass at home and enjoy an endless supply of fresh greens for juicing and smoothies.
Grow Rye Grass Microgreens
- Soak 1 cup of seeds in water for 6-10 hours (depending on climate).
- Rinse well with water. Leave seeds to drain for 8-12 hours using a sprouting jar, sprouter or hemp sprouting bag.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process until a tiny tail sprouts. The tail should be approximately 5mm.
- Line a growing tray with butchers paper. Add 2-3cm of organic soil with compost, volcanic rock soil improver or other minerals.
- Scatter seeds on top of the organic soil. Ensure that the seeds are not too densely packed, as this may cause mould.
- Lightly water seeds and cover with a hessian bag or wet paper towels.
- Leave in a dark, ventilated spot. Lightly water twice daily until your seeds have germinated and are 2-3cm high.
- Remove cover and expose your plant to indirect sunlight. Avoid extreme heat or cold. Water twice daily.
- Your harvest is ready when it is 3-4 inches high.
- Cut your rye grass approximately 1cm above the soil.
How to Grow Rye Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1/2 cup of wheat berries to your sprouting jar.
- Fill 3/4 of your jar with cold water. Soak for 6-8 hours.
- Rinse with cold water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and use the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- Ready in 3-6 days. Rinse well before consuming.
- Quantity: 1 kg
- No chemical treatment & organic.
- Grown in Australia.
- Lightly cleaned to leave as much of the grain intact.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.