Radish China Rose Vegetable Seeds Heirloom
- Vibrant red skin and mild, white flesh.
- Looks like a carrot because of its long, tapered shape.
- Grows up to 15 cm.
- Add a ‘pop’ of colour to sandwiches, salads and raw food dishes.
- Suitable for pickling and roasting.
How to Grow Radish
30 cm apart
3 - 5 cm
1 - 2 cm
Germination Soil Temperature
10 - 30 °C
4 - 14 days
Days to Maturity
30 - 40 days.
Plant any season of the year.
Full sun. Moist, rich, well drained soil.
Hardy annual. Withstands light frost.
China Rose Sprouts or Microgreens
China Rose radish can be grown as microgreens or sprouts. As a microgreen, this variety has glossy green leaves and vibrant pink stems.
How to Grow Radish Microgreens
- Soak seeds for 6 – 8 hours.
- Sow rate: 40 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Rinse well with cool water. Drain well.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil.
- Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray.
- Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily.
- Keep covered until your plant is 3 cm height.
- Remove top tray and expose it to indirect light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 6 -12 days. Harvest 1 -2 cm above the soil.
How to Grow Radish Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1.5 tbsp (20 grams) of seeds to your jar, and fill with water.
- Soak for 4-8 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- In 3-6 days the yield will be 1 – 1 1/2 cups.