Bulk Snow Pea Sprouts Seeds with Tendrils
- Buy snow pea sprout seeds (with tendrils) in bulk and save with our 5 kg packets.
- Versatile and budget friendly. These greens are suitable for a variety of dishes including stir-fries, sandwiches, salads or as a garnish.
- High yield microgreen variety. A 10 x 20′ growing tray yields approx. 450 – 900 grams of greens.
How to Grow Snow Pea Sprouts Microgreens
- Grow in soil or coir peat (hydroponic method not recommended for this variety).
- Pre-soak 250 grams of seeds in cold water for 4 – 6 hours (10 x 20′ growing tray).
- Cover with ample amount of water as these seeds will double in size during the pre-soak stage.
- Sprout seeds for approx. 1 – 2 days with a sprouting jar or sprouting tray. Plant the seeds when they have sprouted a ‘tail’ that is approximately 2 – 3 mm.
- Avoid growing in extreme heat or cold conditions. The ideal growing temperature is 15 – 25 °C.
- In hot climates, this variety may be susceptible to mould, slow germination and uneven growth.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil or coir peat to your growing tray. Use a tray or small block of wood to flatten the soil. Lightly water soil. Sprinkle seeds over the surface of the soil and ensure that seeds do not overlap. Lightly water using a spray mist bottle.
- Cover your seeds with a growing tray and store in a well ventilated, cool spot. Do not expose the seeds to light during the germination period. Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 2 – 4 days.
- Remove top tray and expose the plant to light. Water twice daily. Avoid overwatering. Ready to harvest in 10 – 14 days.
- This variety can take up to 18 days to grow, depending on climatic conditions. It is a slightly slower growing variety than other field or snowpeas.
How to Sprout Pea Seeds
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add ½-¾ cup of seeds to your jar, and fill with water.
- Soak for 8-10 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- In 2-5 days the yield will be 1 – 2 cups.
- Combine with adzuki, chickpeas, lentils or mung beans to make your own crunchy mix of sprouts.
- Australian grown.
- No chemical treatment.
- Variety: Dun field pea (with tendrils).
- Supplied as untreated, food grade seed.
- Seeds per gram: 5 – 8.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.