Onion Sprouting Seeds – 2.5 kg
Onion sprouts are fast growing and have a delicious, mild onion taste. Add them to your sandwiches, salads or as a garnish on your favourite recipe.
- Suitable for sprouts and microgreens.
- Popular alternative to onion chives.
How to Grow Onion Sprouts
Use 1 tablespoon of seeds in a glass sprouting jar. Fill container with water and soak for 6-8 hours. Rinse and drain seeds. Leave glass sprouting jar upside down, on an angle, to allow water to drain. Rinse and drain twice a day until your onion seeds sprout (4-7 days).
How to Grow Onion Microgreens
- Sow rate: 40 – 50 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Soak seeds for 2 – 6 hours.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray or grow on hemp growing mat.
- Cover for 1-2 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: 14 – 21 days.