Non-GMO, Open Pollinated & No Chemical Treatment
- Use a small quantity of these microgreens to enhance your dish.
- A popular choice with chefs.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 280 grams of microgreens.
How to Grow Onion Microgreens
- Sow rate: 40 – 50 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Soak seeds for 2 – 6 hours.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray or grow on hemp growing mat.
- Cover for 1-2 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: 14 – 21 days.
How to Grow Onion Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar or hemp sprouting bag. The directions for using a sprouting jar are as following:
- Add 2 tbsp. of seeds to your jar. Fill the jar with water. Soak for 8 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- Click here to download a sprouting guide with tips & troubleshooting.
- No chemical treatment.
- Non-hybrid, open pollinated.
- Variety: Allium cepa.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory germination rates for up to 12 months, after date of purchase. We offer a money back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly. To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.