Microgreen Growing Kit:
Microgreens are the easy way to add colour, flavour, and a gourmet touch to your favourite meal. These tiny greens are packed with nutrients and ready to harvest in less than two weeks.
- Enjoy growing your own healthy, living foods all year round.
- Comes with a mix of popular microgreen varieties including broccoli, red cabbage, salad mix, mustard green, radish, spicy mix and kale (selection may vary).
- Comes with 5 organic, hemp grow mats that are made from all natural, sustainable fibres.
- Unlike messy soil mediums, hydroponic mats are clean and leave ‘no mess’. Add the mats to your compost bin once finished.
- Sow rate: 8 grams of microgreen seeds per tray.
- Seed soak: Do not presoak seeds.
- Moisten the hemp felt in cool water. Drain excess water. Place your hydroponic mat in the growing tray and sprinkle a satchet of microgreen seeds evenly over the surface of the mat. Lightly spray mist the seeds.
- Use the second growing tray to cover the seeds. Store in well-ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate.
- Germination time: Leave for 2-3 hours in germination area. Check the moisture level of the mat daily to ensure that it is has not dried out. The hemp mat performs best when not overwatered. Keep mat moist, but not saturated with water. Water levels should not be higher than the top of the growing medium and water should not be allowed to pool.
- Once germination has occurred, uncover the tray and place in light. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 8-14 days.
- Two food safe, black BPA free plastic trays (20 x 33 cm).
- 5 x 25 grams of different varieties of microgreen seeds including broccoli, red cabbage, salad mix, mustard green, radish, spicy mix and kale (selection may vary).
- 5 compostable, organic, hemp growing mats.
- Growing instructions.