Kale Red Russian Seeds – Bulk & Heirloom
- Vibrant pink/purple stem.
- Grow kale microgreens with the no-mess and no-soil hydroponic method.
- Suitable as a vertical farming crop.
- A 10 x 20″ growing tray yields approx. 310 grams of microgreens.
How to Grow Kale Microgreens
- Do not presoak seeds.
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray or grow hydroponically.
- Cover for 2-3 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 8-14 days.
How to Grow Kale Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1.5 tbsp (20 grams) of seeds to your jar, and fill with water.
- Soak for 4-6 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- In 3-6 days the yield will be 1 – 1 1/2 cups.
Want to Grow Kale as a Baby Leaf Vegetable?
These kale seeds are suitable for growing as baby leaf and as a mature vegetable. Click here to find out more, and to view our range of bulk vegetable seeds.
- Heirloom, open-pollinated variety.
- No chemical treatment.
- Non GMO.
- Variety: Brassica oleracea.var. acephala.
- 400 – 450 seeds per gram.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated.