Glass Sprouting Jar with Rust Proof Lid
With this handy glass sprouting jar you can grow your own sprouts at home. This economical option allows you to keep multiple different sprouts on the go, all the time. A convenient, and easy method, that helps you add fresh, nutritional sprouts to your daily regime. Grow sprouts all year round (avoid extreme heat and cold. Keep in cooler position).
What Can You Sprout With These Jars?
You can sprout a wide range of grains, seeds, nuts, legumes and pulses. Some of the most popular options include broccoli, alfalfa, radish, lentils, mung beans, chickpeas, wheat, spelt and adzuki beans. In as little as 2 – 5 days, you can enjoy a harvest of living food. The fine, straining lid makes this jar suitable for even tiny seeds.
Unlike other sprouting jars on the market, that only have a 600 ml capacity, this jar has a 1 litre capacity. This size is ideal for larger quantities of wheat, spelt, lentils, & more. The wide-mouth makes it easy to remove your sprouts, and to clean the jar.
DIY Sprout Jar
You may have considered making your own sprouting jar from a glass jar, rubber band & piece of muslin fabric. Although we love the DIY approach (check out our sprouting seed range that makes DIY sprouting very easy), the benefit of this jar is that you can reuse it. The RUST PROOF straining lid makes it a durable and safe option. To wash your jar and lid in the dishwasher, rinse under cold water and remove any seeds or sprouts. Place in the top shelf of your dishwasher (under 85°C).
How to Grow Sprouts in a Jar
- Fill your Mason jar one quarter with pulses, grains or seeds (depending on variety. e.g. broccoli seeds – use 1.5 tbsp of seeds). Fill the rest of your Mason jar with water.
- Soak for 6-12 hours (depending on climate and the product that you are sprouting).
- Drain and rinse with water.
- Leave your jar upside down, on a dish rack or in a big bowl, for approximately 12 hours.
- Repeat these steps until you have a harvest of delicious and healthy sprouts.
Want to find out more about sprouting seeds at home? Click here to download our handy sprouting guide.
- Includes a food safe, BPA free, rust-proof, straining lid.
- One litre jar provides ample space for your growing sprouts.
- The wide mouth opening (86mm) makes it easy to remove the sprouts from your jar.
- Suitable for all size seeds including broccoli and alfalfa.
- Lid colour may vary.