Set of two glass sprouting jars
Enjoy fresh and nutritious living food all year round.
Sprouting is the easy and quick way of growing your own food. In as little as 3-5 days, you can have a harvest of broccoli, alfalfa, sprouted grains, seeds or pulses.
Just 1.5 tbsps of broccoli or alfalfa seeds turn into approximately 1.5 cups of sprouts. Add these foods to your salads, wraps, sandwiches and favourite dishes.
The benefit of the one litre size is that it provides ample space for your sprouts to grow. This can mean less clumping and growing issues. The BPA free lid is rust proof and suitable for growing all sizes of seeds, grains and pulses.
How do you use a sprouting jar?
- Fill your Mason jar one quarter with nuts, pulses or grains. The quantity of seed that you will use will depend on the variety (e.g. broccoli seeds – 1.5 tbsps).
- Fill the rest of your Mason jar with water and leave to soak for 6-12 hours (depending on climate and the product that you are sprouting).
- Drain and rinse with water.
- Leave your jar upside down, on a dish rack or in a big bowl, for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat these steps until you have a harvest of delicious and healthy sprouts.
- Includes two food safe, BPA free plastic mesh straining lids.
- The wide opening (86mm) makes it easy to remove your sprouts from your jars.