Bulk Garlic Chives Seeds – Herbs & Microgreens
- Buy in bulk and save with our 1 kg packets.
- Star-shaped, white flowers.
- Slow germinating variety (up to 21 days).
Unlike garlic or onion, garlic chives do not have an edible bulb. Instead, the edible parts include its flat leaves and white flowers. The flavour is milder than regular garlic, making it a popular choice for salads, egg & fish dishes.
How to Grow Garlic Chives Herbs
- Space plants 15 cm apart.
- Sowing depth: 0.8 cm.
- Soil temperature: 15º – 20ºC.
- Maturity: 70 – 90 days.
- Sow in Autumn and Spring.
- Grows up to 50 cm height.
- Perennial variety.
- Full sun with well-drained soil at a pH of 6.0.
How to Grow Garlic Chives Microgreens
- Sow rate: 40 – 50 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray. Prefers to grow in soil instead of hydroponic method.
- Cover with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Garlic chives can have a slow germination time of 1 – 2 weeks. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: 21 days.
- No chemical treatment.
- GMO Free
- Variety: Allium tuberosum.
- Seeds per gram: Approx. 250.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.