Australian Grown Organic Buckwheat Seeds
- Popular with chefs, farmers markets & health conscious market.
- A 10 x 20″ growing tray yields approx. 350 grams microgreens.
- Bee friendly green manure variety.
How to Grow Buckwheat Microgreens
- Soak seeds for 12 – 24 hours.
- Sow rate: 300 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Rinse well with cool water. Drain well.
- Unsuitable for hydroponic growing methods.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil.
- Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray.
- Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily.
- Keep covered for 3 – 4 days.
- Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 7 -14 days.
How to Use as Green Manure
- Adds bulk organic matter and controls nematodes in your soil.
- Plant 45 kg per hectare, or 4 grams per sqm.
- Suitable for salty soils.
- Avoid soil that has an acidic pH.
- Grow in Autumn to early Spring.
- Tolerates cold soil.
- Can be grown with vetch and dun field peas.
- Australian grown (organic).
- No chemical treatment.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.