Australian Grown Organic Buckwheat Seeds
- Popular with chefs, farmers markets & health conscious market.
- A 10 x 20″ growing tray yields approx. 350 grams microgreens.
- Bee friendly green manure variety.
How to Grow Buckwheat Microgreens
- Soak seeds for 12 – 24 hours.
- Sow rate: 300 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Rinse well with cool water. Drain well.
- Unsuitable for hydroponic growing methods.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil.
- Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface. Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray.
- Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate. Water 1 – 2 times daily.
- Keep covered for 3 – 4 days.
- Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 7 -14 days.
How to Use as Green Manure
- Adds bulk organic matter and controls nematodes in your soil.
- Plant 45 kg per hectare, or 4 grams per sqm.
- Suitable for salty soils.
- Avoid soil that has an acidic pH.
- Grow in Autumn to early Spring.
- Tolerates cold soil.
- Can be grown with vetch and dun field peas.
- Australian grown (organic).
- No chemical treatment.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated.