Heirloom Beetroot Seeds
- A mild flavoured microgreen.
- Exceptional red stem colour
- Popular choice with chefs.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 220 grams.
How to Grow Beetroot Microgreens
- Sow rate: 28 – 40 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Pre-Soak seeds for 6 – 8 hrs
- Grow in soil, and not hydroponic method.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface.
- Cover seeds with a light layer of soil. This step is important as it helps with dehulling and reduces beet microgreen growing issues.
- Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate.
- Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 6 – 8 days. Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 10 -14 days. Harvest 1 – 2 cm above the soil.
- (Level of difficulty: Medium).
Want to Grow Beetroot as Baby Leaf and Full Mature Vegetables?
These beetroot seeds are suitable for growing as baby leaf and as a mature vegetable. Click here to find out more, and to view our range of bulk vegetable seeds.
- No chemical treatment.
- Heirloom, open pollinated variety (Ruby Queen).
- Variety: Beta Vulgaris.
- Seeds per gram: 40 – 60.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.