Beetroot Microgreen Seeds – Bulk
- A mild flavoured microgreen.
- Exceptional red stem colour
- Popular choice with chefs.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 220 grams.
How to Grow Beetroot Microgreens
- Sow rate: 28 – 40 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Pre-Soak seeds for 6 – 8 hrs
- Grow in soil, and not hydroponic method.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface.
- Cover seeds with a light layer of soil. This step is important as it helps with dehulling and reduces beet microgreen growing issues.
- Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate.
- Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 6 – 8 days. Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 10 -14 days. Harvest 1 – 2 cm above the soil.
- (Level of difficulty: Medium).
- No chemical treatment.
- Open pollinated variety.
- Botanical name: Beta vulgaris.
- Seeds per gram: 40 – 60.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge.