Beetroot Early Wonder Baby Leaf Seeds – Bulk & Open Pollinated
- Green leaves with deep red veins, ideal for baby leaf production.
- Fast growing and good vigor.
- Mild flavour for salad mixes.
How to Grow Beetroot (Baby Leaf)
- Space rows 45 – 60 cm apart.
- Space plants 5 – 10 cm.
- Sowing depth: 20 mm.
- Germination days: 5-10 days
- Germination temperature: 8-30°C.
- Plant: Spring, Summer, and Autumn.
- Full sun, with rich, well drained soil.
- Sow after frost.
- Keep well watered to prevent leaf spot.
- Soil pH over 6.
- Maturity: 35 days.
How to Grow Beetroot (Microgreens)
- Sow rate: 28 – 40 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Pre-Soak seeds for 6 – 8 hrs
- Grow in soil, and not hydroponic method.
- Add 2 – 3 cm of soil to tray. Flatten soil to level. Moisten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over surface.
- Cover seeds with a light layer of soil. This step is important as it helps with dehulling and reduces beet microgreen growing issues.
- Lightly water. Cover seeds with a growing tray. Store in a well ventilated, dark spot to germinate.
- Water 1 – 2 times daily. Keep covered for 6 – 8 days. Remove top tray and expose it to light. Water twice daily.
- Harvest: 10 -14 days. Harvest 1 – 2 cm above the soil.
- (Level of difficulty: Medium).
- No chemical treated.
- Open pollinated.
- Botanical name: Beta Vulgaris.
- Seeds per gram: 50-90.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory germination rates for up to 3 months, after date of purchase. We offer a money back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly. To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.