Red Rubin Basil Herb Seeds – Buy in Bulk
- Red Rubin basil herb seeds are easy to grow from seed.
- High yield and reliable, Italian, large leaf variety.
- The deep purple/red colour is more consistent than other purple basil varieties.
- Attractive, lavender-like, edible flowers during the summer months.
How to Grow Red Rubin Basil Herbs
- Space plants: 25 cm.
- Space rows: 30 – 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Height: Compact, approximately 40 cm.
- Annual, frost tender variety.
- Germination: 5-10 days @ 18-21°C.
- Maturity: 70 days.
- Tropics: Plant all year.
- Subtropics: Aug – Jan.
- Mild climate: Sept – Dec.
- Frost & cold climate: Sept – Jan.
- Keep well watered. Moist, well-drained soil.
How to Grow Basil Microgreens
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray.
- Cover for 4-6 days with tray lid. Store in .well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 12-16 days.
- Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum Purpurascens.
- Non-hybrid. Open-pollinated.
- No chemical treatment,
- Seeds per gram: 500-1000.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight.