Purple Basil Microgreen Seeds – Bulk, Open Pollinated
- Fast growing alternative to mature basil.
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 220 grams.
- Red Rubin basil has more consistent deep purple/red coloured leaves and stems than other purple basil varieties.
HOW TO GROW BASIL MICROGREENS
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray.
- Cover for 4-6 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 12-16 days.
HOW TO GROW BASIL HERBS
- Space plants 20 – 25 cm.
- Space rows: 30 – 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 18 – 35 degrees Celsius.
- Maturity: 70 – 85 days.
- Tropics: All year, Subtropics: Aug – Feb.
- Cold climates: Sept – Jan.
- Keep well watered.
- Variety: Ocimum Basilicum (Red Rubin)
- Non-hybrid. Open-pollinated.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight.