Basil Genovese Herb Seeds – Bulk & Heirloom
- Traditional, Italian variety.
- Relatively slow to bolt.
- Large leaves (up to 8 cm).
- Great for pesto and tomato dishes.
How to Grow Basil Herbs
- Space plants 30 cm.
- Space rows: 30 – 50 cm.
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm.
- Soil temperature: 18 – 35 degrees Celsius.
- Maturity: 60 – 80 days.
- Tropics: Plant all year.
- Subtropics: Aug – Jan.
- Mild climate: Sept – Dec.
- Frost & cold climate: Sept – Jan.
- Keep well watered. Moist, well-drained soil.
How to Grow Basil Microgreens
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Moisten soil, flatten 3-4 cm soil in tray.
- Cover for 4-6 days with tray lid. Store in well ventilated area away from light until the seeds germinate. Lightly water 1-2 times daily.
- Uncover and place in light. Water 1-2 times daily.
- Harvest time: Approximately 12-16 days.
- Botanical name: Ocimum Basilicum
- Variety: Genovese (heirloom).
- No chemical treatment.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight.