Grow your own oat grass at home and enjoy a harvest in less than 10 days.
Please note: These unhulled oat grain groats cannot be digested in its current form. It is traditionally used for sprouting oat grass. Oat grass contains beta-carotene, vitamins K and C, iron , fibre and protein. Fermented oat grass is rich in antioxidants.
- 1 cup of oat grain is enough for a 25 x 25 cm sprouting tray.
- To sprout: Soak grain for 6-8 hours then drain.
- Cover sprouting tray with 1-2cm of soil, water lightly to moisten. Avoid over watering.
- Spread grain evenly over tray, avoid clumping.
- Lightly cover with loose soil.
- Place tray in cool place out of direct light.
- Cover with a sheet of damp newspaper or hessian.
- When the grass lifts the newspaper, take it off (3-4 days).
- Spray lightly with water.
- Harvest when the grass is approximately 10cm.
Pots not included.
Available in 400 gram & 800 gram packets.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot sell seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.