Non-GMO, Open Pollinated & No Chemical Treatment
- 10 x 20″ tray yields approx. 185 grams of microgreens.
- Grow hydroponically or in soil as a microgreen.
How to Sprout Amaranth
Sprout amaranth seeds by rinsing in water. Drain immediately and place in your sprouter. Rinse seeds 2-3 times daily between 1-4 days. Harvest at 5-10 cm high.
How to Grow Amaranth Microgreens
- Sow rate: 28 grams for a 10 x 20″ growing tray.
- Do not pre-soak seeds.
- Growing medium: Soil or hydroponic.
- Growing in soil: Add 3-4 cm soil to growing tray. Flatten soil. Sprinkle seeds evenly over soil. Lightly water.
- Germination time: 2-3 days.
- Keep plant in a warm spot during germination and growing time. Intolerant of harsh direct sunlight.
- Ensure adequate moisture.
- Harvest time: 8-12 days. Harvest close to root.
- NB: Amaranth prefers warm growing conditions.
- Chemical free, organic.
- Variety: Amaranthus
- Seeds per gram: 1000
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.