OPEN POLLINATED, NON-GMO & NO CHEMICAL TREATMENT
Alfalfa sprouts are popular in salads, sandwiches and as a topper on your favourite raw food dish. They have a slightly tangy, nutty taste which adds a distinctive flavour to your recipes.
How to Grow Alfalfa Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar or hemp sprouting bag. The directions for using a sprouting jar are as following:
- Add 1 tbsp (15 grams) of seeds to your jar. Fill the jar with water.
- Soak for 3-6 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- To increase the level of chlorophyll, expose to sunlight on the 4th or 5th day.
- In 4 - 6 days the yield will be 1.5 - 2 cups of sprouts.
Number of Servings
- A 250 gram packet of seeds will yield approximately one cup of fresh alfalfa sprouts daily for nearly a month (10 grams of seeds = Approximately 1 cups of sprouts).
- Not chemically treated.
- Grown in Australia.
- Open pollinated.
- Variety: Lucerne - Medicago sativa.
- Available in 250 gram, 400 gram & 800 gram packets.
- Eco-friendly packaging.
We do not ship seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory germination rates for up to 12 months, after date of purchase. We offer a money-back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly.
To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.