Non-GMO, Open Pollinated & No Chemical Treatment
Alfalfa sprouts are popular in salads, sandwiches and as a topper on your favourite raw food dish. They have a slightly tangy, nutty taste which adds a distinctive flavour to your recipes.
How to Grow Alfalfa Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar or hemp sprouting bag. The directions for using a sprouting jar are as following:
- Add 1 tbsp (15 grams) of seeds to your jar. Fill the jar with water.
- Soak for 3-6 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- To increase the level of chlorophyll, expose to sunlight on the 4th or 5th day.
- In 4 – 6 days the yield will be 1.5 – 2 cups of sprouts.
Number of Servings
- A 250 gram packet of seeds will yield approximately one cup of fresh alfalfa sprouts daily for nearly a month (10 grams of seeds = Approximately 1 cups of sprouts).
- Not chemically treated.
- Grown in Australia.
- Open pollinated.
- Variety: Lucerne – Medicago sativa.
- We do not ship to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Our seeds come with a satisfactory germination rate guarantee for 3 months from date of purchase if stored correctly. Store seeds in a cool, dry place (under 10°C) or in an airtight container in the fridge. Do not expose to moisture or direct sunlight, Grains, cereals & pulses should be refrigerated. This warranty is limited to the purchase price only and no further warranty is expressed or implied. Australian consumer protection laws apply to any purchase made with Seedmart Australia.