Grow spelt grass (similar to wheatgrass) or sprout spelt grain.
- Non-GMO, Non-hybrid seeds.
- No chemical treatment (no pesticides, herbicides, insecticides or fungicides).
- Lightly cleaned to leave as much of the grain intact.
How to Grow Spelt Microgreens
- Soak 1 cup of seeds in water for 6-10 hours (depending on climate).
Rinse well with water. Leave seeds to drain for 8-12 hours using a sprouting jar, sprouter or hemp sprouting bag.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process until a tiny tail sprouts. The tail should be approximately 5mm.
- Line a growing tray with butchers paper. Add 2-3cm of organic soil with compost, volcanic rock soil improver or other minerals.
- Scatter seeds on top of the organic soil. Ensure that the seeds are not too densely packed, as this may cause mould.
- Lightly water seeds and cover with a hessian bag or wet paper towels.
- Leave in a dark, ventilated spot. Lightly water twice daily until your seeds have germinated and are 2-3cm high.
- Remove cover and expose your plant to indirect sunlight. Avoid extreme heat or cold. Water twice daily.
- Your harvest is ready when it is 3-4 inches high.
- Cut your spelt grass approximately 1cm above the soil.
Please note: We do not ship seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory germination rates for up to 12 months, after the date of purchase. We offer a money-back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly.
To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.