Non-GMO, Non-Hybrid & No Chemical Treatment
Broccoli sprouts have a slightly spicy taste, similar to radish. You can add them to your salads, sandwiches, smoothies or raw food dishes.
- Rich source of vitamin C, E, folate, fibre and antioxidants.
- Researchers have found that 3-4 day old broccoli sprouts contain over 50 times more sulforaphane than mature broccoli.
- Sulforaphane is a cancer fighting chemical found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
How to Sprout Broccoli Seeds
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar, tray or hemp sprouting bag. The steps for sprouting in a jar are as following:
- Add 1.5 tbsp (20 grams) of seeds to your jar, and fill with water.
- Soak for 4-8 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- In 3-6 days the yield will be 1 - 1 1/2 cups.
- No chemical treatment.
- Non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated.
- Germination rate - min 90%.
- Variety: Brassica Oleracea.
- Available in 100g, 250g, 400g & 800g packets.
- No shipping to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory gemination rates for up to 12 months, after date of purchase. We offer a money back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly.
To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.
Brassica Seed Range
Brassica seeds including kale, radish and rocket are known for their cancer-fighting properties and contain varying levels of sulphoranes. Click here to view other seeds in this family.