NON-HYBRID, NON-GMO & NO CHEMICAL TREATMENT
Alfalfa sprouts are popular in salads, sandwiches and as a topper on your favourite raw food dish. They have a slightly tangy, nutty taste which adds a distinctive flavour to your recipes.
How to Grow Alfalfa Sprouts
These seeds can be sprouted using a glass sprouting jar or hemp sprouting bag. The directions for using a sprouting jar are as following:
- Add 1 tbsp (15 grams) of seeds to your jar. Fill the jar with water.
- Soak for 3-6 hours.
- Rinse with water for a few minutes (It is particularly important to rinse your seeds well in humid conditions).
- Tilt your jar upside down and using the sprouting lid to drain the water from your seeds. Leave for 8-12 hours.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process 2-3 times daily until your seeds sprout.
- To increase the level of chlorophyll, expose to sunlight on the 4th or 5th day.
- In 4 - 6 days the yield will be 1.5 - 2 cups of sprouts.
Number of Servings
- A 250 gram packet of seeds will yield approximately one cup of fresh alfalfa sprouts daily for nearly a month (10 grams of seeds = Approximately 1 cups of sprouts).
- Not chemically treated.
- Grown in Australia.
- Non-hybrid, open pollinated.
- Variety: Lucerne - Medicago sativa.
- Available in 250 gram & 400 gram packets.
Seedmart Australia guarantees satisfactory gemination rates for up to 12 months, after date of purchase. We offer a money back guarantee (or replacement) for seeds that have been stored correctly.
To maintain the viability of your seeds, please store them in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that you store your seeds in an airtight container in your fridge.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot deliver seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania due to quarantine restrictions.